Saturday, December 18, 2010

Food Not Bombs member arrested at Lake Eola
for first time since 2007

Right when we were marveling at how long it had been since a member of Food Not Bombs was last put in handcuffs, the Orlando Weekly writes, Orlando’s senior anarchist Ben Markeson called to notify us that he had finally received the honor of leaving a food-sharing at Lake Eola Park in a police squad car.

Markeson was charged with resisting an officer without violence after inserting himself into a discussion about parking between city police officer Noah Pruitt and another Food Not Bombs volunteer. The issue was exactly what is allowed -- parking, stopping or standing -- in a sidewalk-lined circle which, as the Weekly observes, seems to encourage, well, stopping and standing.

I have to include here my own quote: “I wonder what the circle is for, then – maybe to drive around for the fun of it, to make the kids in the backseat dizzy?”

Read the Weekly report here.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Leaflet said...

If arrests were made universally for the encouragement of stopping and standing, the law would be much less acceptable..

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

facebook likes
1000 facebook likes

http://ndn.org/blog/2011/03/invite-april-1st-webcast-dhs-sec-napolitano-distinguished-panel-discuss-21st-century-bo http://www.chinariversproject.org/?q=node/101
buy facebook likes buy facebook likes facebook likes
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Vista. I downloaded a MS word file which was attached to an email (no viruses, as far as I know). I then right clicked on the icon and renamed the file. A new icon with the new name appeared, and works fine to open the file. The old icon remained on the desktop and will neither open nor delete. When I try to open it it asks what program to use (even though it's a .doc), I pick Word, then nothing happens. When I try to drag it to the recycle bin it says it's no longer located on the desktop and I need to verify its location. It says its size is 0 bytes. Tried restarting, shutting down and booting back up, still there. What should I do?

buy facebook likes facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] facebook likes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home