Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Just another day in paradise

A day that called for a stop on the way home for a bottle of wine:

9:30 a.m. A call from a client I haven’t talked to in several months. He was riding his bicycle the other day and got hit by an AT&T van. He wants help with a claim for -- at least -- a new bike.

10 a.m. Mediation in a workplace discrimination case.

noon Meeting I can’t talk about here. You’ll just have to trust me when I say it was important.

2 p.m. Conference call with national homeless advocates about a new project, the Faces of Homelessness Speakers’ Bureau in Central Florida.

3 p.m. Conference call with local homeless advocates about a reported homeless camp that the county’s code enforcement bureau may be cracking down on. Turns out it’s not really a camp, but just a drinking spot. Scheduled an outreach visit for tomorrow.

5 p.m. Headed for Lake Eola Park for the food-sharing. Forgot my backpack with client files and had to go home and start over again.

5:30 p.m. Consultations with half a dozen clients with varied problems.

7 p.m. Food Not Bombs meeting. Presented updates on several legal matters and answered questions for half an hour or so.

8 p.m. Bought a cold bottle of Australian white.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, that's a definite wine day. :)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger DJTichy said...

Hi I just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you this week....I know it is a BIG, BUSY, and intense week for you.

**** I went to Florida hospital south today and completed the intake process for the married couple from the camp that was evicted. I demanded that the hospital hold them till Thursday which is the soonest they can move into WDC.

***good look this week,

Danielle**

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous August said...

This can't really have effect, I think like this.
latest makeup tricks | wedding makeup tips | android cell phones

 

Post a Comment

<< Home