Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blending in: Walk through a day
in the life of a homeless man



Finding food and clothing around town isn’t too challenging thanks to local missions, Tom Rogers says, but finding shelter is a big concern.


Tom Rogers first spent a night without a roof over his head about a year ago. He'll never forget it.

He remembers feeling lost, but never worthless. Self-worth, prayer and laughter kept him going and still do. "I'm still the same person I used to be when I worked," he said. "The only difference is I don't have a roof over my head right now."

Rogers explains the basics of what it means to be homeless: what he does all day, where he finds food, how he stays clean (and blends in) and more.

Read the Spartanburg Herald-Journal article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home