Saturday, January 20, 2007

Unnecessary violence is repulsive

A post over at Sticks of Fire actually proposes beating up homeless people who are panhandling.

I'm appalled.

Of course, unnecessary violence is repulsive. But what really bothers me is the underlying issue of “how can I keep homeless people from bugging me?” Hello, what we all should be asking is: Why does the richest country in the world have so many homeless people? What can we do to prevent homelessness in the first place?

And, BTW, I don't buy into the idea that the number of links, tags and comments generated is somehow indicative of the quality of the post. Nope, that's just an ego trip.

Over at the Florida Progressive Coalition blog and also at Pushing Rope, there's a list of Sticks of Fire advertisers. Contact them and complain about this hate post.

Another post worth checking out: Majikthise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home